Saturday, December 11, 2010

baaaaah!

My computer crashed lovelies!! I spent hours on the phone with Dell and I am sitting here at my husband's computer letting you know that I have not disappeared! The people at Dell are sending out a tech with a plethora of stuff to repair my computer with and reassure me that my information has not been lost.  All I want are my pictures and my document files, so I will make sure that I can see everything before the tech leaves. Ahh.  I hadn't realized how much time I spend on the internet. Wow. I will have to be better about my time management, especially when I go back to work.
I'm not sure when I'll be back on- hopefully in the next three days (at least that's what they  tell me).   So let's have a round of 'There I Said It Thursday!'
I am going back to work in a couple of weeks.  I hate that Americans don't see value in giving mothers the time they need to be with their babies. I am really trying to be grateful that I have had 12 weeks/90 days/3 months off, but my friends in Canada get an entire year. AN ENTIRE YEAR!!! Some places in Europe get three years.  OMgoodness!!! So yeah, I think that the US needs to rethink and revamp the way things are going when it comes to maternity leave and maternal care... I could go on about the long term societal effects regarding mom/child bonding, but I won't. Not today anyway.  So, bottom line is that I think that as advanced as US believes itself to be, I think major improvements can be made to the way mothers are cared for and how it affects the babies they birth. There, I said it.

0 comments:

Dresses from Shabby Apple
hit counter
Provided by website-hit-counters.com hit counter page.