Monday, January 4, 2010

Is there a teenager in the house?


As of January 2, we have a teenager in the house.  S1 is 13.  Where did the time go?  I am really trying to really understand his world.  Yes, we've all been there, done that but I think that because of new technology and endless social networks, things are different for young people today.  I watched Dr. Phil the other day and was actually quite stunned (even though I am a social worker and have seen lots of things) at what I saw.  S1 is such a gentle and kind soul- and smart too! We are so proud of him! We stay on him about his grades and his chores and his room and his grades and his room and his chores.  I know we'll come out of S1's teen years with a few battle wounds but I think we have a good foundation.  Right now, I'm re-learning how he communicates (or doesn't). ;)

What do you think- are teenagers today under more pressure than we did in the late 80s/early 90s?

0 comments:

Dresses from Shabby Apple
hit counter
Provided by website-hit-counters.com hit counter page.